Do and Don't Do Tips
• Do drink plenty of water. • Don't drink or eat caffeine products, chocolate, milk products, nuts or popcorn before performing, don't smoke or drink alcohol excessively.
• Do swallow slowly. • Don't eat just prior to performing (3hours).
• Do relax your throat, by doing abdominal breathing. • Don't clear your throat or cough habitually.
• Do vocal warm-ups prior to speaking, lecturing or singing and use vocal exercises afterward to bring voice back to a relaxed state. • Don't speak, sing or lecture without warming up and don't just stop at the end of a performance without cool down exercises.
• Do allow the breath to replace itself naturally. • Don't raise shoulders or tighten neck and throat while breathing.
• Do be aware and allow natural expansion/release in lower torso abdomen, back and sides during the breathing cycle. • Don't hold your breath or squeeze or push the voice out.
• Do speak slowly, pausing often at natural boundaries to allow the breath to be replaced before continuing. • Don't speak beyond a natural breath cycle or squeeze out the last few words of a thought without sufficient breath.
• Do wait until your breathing pattern can accommodate optimal voice production. • Don't yell or speak extensively during strenuous exercise.
• Do be aware of the effects of emotions have on you, especially if it causes muscle tension in your neck, throat, jaw or chest. • Don't do prolonged, loud and vocally aggressive laughing or crying.
Tags: Language therapy | Language therapy in India | Language therapy in Delhi | Language therapy in Delhi Ncr | Language therapy clinic | Language therapy clinic in India | Language therapy clinic in Delhi | Language therapy clinic in Delhi Ncr