Speech and language disorders refer to problems in communication and related areas such as oral motor function. These delays and disorders range from simple sound substitutions to the inability to understand or use language or use the oral-motor mechanism for functional speech and feeding. There are various components of speech production include:-
- Producing sound
- Pitch Variations
- Voice, including aeromechanical components of respiration.
Components of Language:
- Teaching sound according to the rules of a language
- Morphology- understanding and using minimal units of meaning
- Syntax- constructing sentences by using languages’ grammar rules
- Semantics- interpreting signs or symbols of communication to construct meaning
- Pragmatics- social aspects of communication.
At ASHA speech and Hearing Clinic evaluation and treatment of various Communication disorders is done by our expert therapists.